Design of Artificial Intelligence Systems (Informatics)
Department: discrete analysis and intelligent system
|Semester||Amount of hours||Lecturer||Group(s)|
|8||28||Associate Professor Yu. M. Shcherbyna||PMi-41, PMi-42, PMi-43|
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
|8||28||PMi-41||Associate Professor Yu. M. Shcherbyna|
|PMi-42||Associate Professor Yu. M. Shcherbyna|
|PMi-43||Associate Professor Yu. M. Shcherbyna|
Purpose. The purpose of a course is the strict statement of universal models and methods which apply during design of the computer systems, capable to carry out functions which traditionally consider intellectual.
Short description. In a course structures and strategies for state space search, knowledge representations, knowledge-based problem solving, machine learning (the ID3 decision induction algorithm, artificial neural networks), resolution theorem proving, and reasoning with uncertain or incomplete information are studied.
Problem. The main task of a course is acquaintance of students with basic models and methods which apply in systems of artificial intelligence. The considerable attention is paid to mathematical apparatus which is used in artificial intelligence.
As a result of studying of this course the student
Has to know
• Formulation of the main concepts and definitions of artificial intelligence;
• Ways of representation of tasks and decisions search methods;
• Knowledge representation models;
• Conclusion models;
• Conclusion in the conditions of uncertain or incomplete knowledge.
Has to be able
• To formulate basic provisions of mathematical logic and to apply them in proofs of theorems;
• To define necessary models for applications correctly;
• To use the corresponding algorithms of artificial intelligence;
• To use available program environments for problems of artificial intelligence.